Grand Pacific Resorts hosted its 17th annual Best of the Best awards gala in Carlsbad, California, on February 25, 2016. The event honored more than 30 top associates from 2015, capping off a year that included the addition of two new resorts to the family, Tahoe Beach & Ski Club and Wave Crest Resort.
“It’s refreshing to work for a company that recognizes our contributions,” said Gaby McCray, media and relations specialist at the home office. Gaby received the BE EPIC Spirit award along with Tina Kalberg, front desk manager at Channel Island Shores in Oxnard, California, and Holly Ansley, general manager at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel.
Top honors went to Erin O’Brien, named General Manager of the Year for her role at Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge in Tahoe Vista, and Randy Chapin, general manager at the Resort of the Year, Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort & Hotel. The event also recognized new managers, promotions, and 19 BE EPIC Associates of the Year.
- Richard Coyaso – Hanalei Bay Resort
- Shyne Oga – Makai Club Resort
- Kelly Lycett – Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
- Karen Jones – Legacy Resort Group
- Michael Young – Indian Palms Vacation Club
- Nick Batliner – Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley
- Patrick Spence – Tahoe Beach & Ski Club
- Jorge Martinez – Channel Island Shores
- Shannon Kucharski – San Clemente Cove
- Claudia Anguiano – Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort & Hotel
- Sheila Engelman – Mountain Retreat Resort
- Anna Polzin – RiverPointe Napa Valley
- Araceli Gonzalez – Southern California Beach Club
- Robin Wilson – Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel
- Eugenia Avila de Garcia – Wave Crest Resort
- Traci Scott – Grand Pacific Vacation Services
- Mitch Milner – Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa
- Jazel Tangalin – Coronado Beach Resort
- Donald Cabarle – Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
BE EPIC embodies six key values at Grand Pacific Resorts
We strive to BE EPIC every day as part of our Core Purpose of “Enriching Lives by Creating Experiences Worth Sharing.”
Our 17th Annual Best of the Best even began on the ocean view patio of the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa and before moving into the ballroom. The attendees included associates, managers, executives, and board members.