Categories of Information We Collect
When you make a reservation or purchase a vacation package we will request your name and address and other information to assist with your reservation and stay, such as credit card number, date of arrival/departure, member number, and room preferences.
Special Offers or Invitations
Occasionally, those individuals who have made reservations on our website may receive special offers or invitations. If at any time you decide you do not want to receive offerings from us, you may opt-out. We will include an opt-out link in all solicitations or click on the below link to opt-out. Your information will be removed from our list as soon as possible.
Requests for Information
When you request additional information related to our services or properties, we will request your name and contact information, such as street address, phone number and email address.
Sweepstakes and Contests
On occasion, we conduct sweepstakes and contests that offer the opportunity to win prizes. Each sweepstakes has its own terms and conditions. Some sweepstakes require you to choose to enter, and for others, you will be automatically entered if certain items described in the terms and conditions are met. As part of entering a sweepstakes, certain personally identifiable information such as name and email address may be required.
Meetings, Events and Banquets
If you are interested in information about meeting, event, and banquet planning, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address. We may also request information such as arrival and departure dates, number of guests, number of sleeping rooms, meeting room requirements, food and beverage requirements, and audiovisual requirements.
Contacting Us by Email with Questions or Comments
When you send us an email from our site, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response, and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We may use this information, for example, to measure how effectively we address customer concerns online, to personalize your experience, and to continuously improve our service.
Electronic Postcards and Forwarding to Friends
Occasionally, we may offer a feature online that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask your name and email address, the recipient’s name and email address, and the text of any message you choose to include.
Occasionally, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the effectiveness of our website. Participation in these surveys is voluntary. If you participate, information collected by us may include name, street address, and email address.
Benefits of Vacation Ownership Classes
If you are new to timeshare ownership, we conduct classes (Vacation Ownership101) to help you learn to manage all the options and benefits available to you. Participation in the class is voluntary. If you participate, information collected by us may include name, street address, email address, home telephone number, requested class date, and resort name.
If you have stayed with us, you may want to stay in touch. You can stay informed about our newest destinations, amenities, and specials offerings by signing our guest book. Signing our guest book is voluntary. We may ask you for your email address to be added in our guest book.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- We may need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested
- We may need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Grand Pacific Resorts to provide a product or service to you – these companies do not have any right to use the information we provide for any other purpose beyond what is necessary to assist us
- We may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services
- We may disclose information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures are required by law, including for example to comply with a court order or subpoena
- We may disclose personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith such disclosure is necessary or desirable to investigate or protect against harmful activities to guests, visitors, employees, or others, or to property (including this site)
- We may share your information with the credit card company if you use a credit card to purchase goods or services
- From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to “opt in” to, or to “opt out” from certain uses by us of your personally identifiable information and/or our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and/or third parties.
- Because this site is powered by ResorTime, all information gathered through website information is shared jointly by ResorTime and Grand Pacific Resorts.
Links to Other Websites
If you choose to leave this website via links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or contents of those websites, nor are we responsible for the cookies those websites might deposit on your computer.
Rights Specific to California Residents
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code, §1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Grand Pacific Resorts.