‘Timeshare relief’ is an old scam that is evolving as con artists get craftier. They may sound promising, but are really just scams to ‘relieve’ you of your money. The best advice is to always keep your radar up.
“Scams have become very sophisticated,” says Sam DePoy, VP of Federal and Regulatory Affairs for the American Resort Development Association (ARDA).
We also have some quick tips for you here:
Top 5 Red Flags
- NEVER pay any money up front – NEVER!
- AVOID companies that offer to buy your week for a large fee.
- DON’T BELIEVE it when you hear the market is “hot,” buyers are lining up or you will get a BIG return.
- BEWARE of unsolicited contact by companies promising to sell your timeshare or eliminate your maintenance fees.
- STEER CLEAR of companies that promise legal help to deed back your week, or that state they can transfer your ownership to another party.
For Legitimate Resales
Grand Pacific Vacation Services is committed to YOU. We will walk you through the options available, simply call us at (888) 477-6967, send us your questions online or use our Live Chat.
There is also an option to pass down your asset to your family. For help with succession planning, call (800) 234-6222.